Thursday, June 4, 2009

Almost 5pm on Friday!

Well its Thursday! I've been looking forward to 5PM on Friday. Friday evening begins a long week of vacation for me. I haven't had a vacation in a very long time. Vacation meaning....not working! What all we will do during this time off from work...I don't know and I don't care! Just to have time off is such a peaceful thought! I see camping in our future...more roasted (blackened) marshmallow smores!
What a praise I have to mention! Adam, one of the two young mention that I blogged about a few posts ago, was in church on Sunday! How awesome to have him home. He spent weeks at MCG hospital in Augusta in ICU! His injuries consisted of but were not limited to: a fractured pelvis, tear in his face about 4 inches long extending from his mouth to his cheek, fractures in his face and bruised spleen (and liver I think). He really went through it! But he is back...a little thinner but still looking great! For that we are all grateful! I mentioned that we were praying those boys up (Tyler too!!!)!! God has been so good!
I am asking for prayers for my friend Cutina Pearson. She has been in and out of the hospital for an abscess in her back. Its located under the skin. It has been drained and drainage tubes were placed. Evidently she has scar tissue and infection in the wound. Please pray for her healing. She still remains ever FAITHFUL to our Lord! Cutina is a wonderful child of God!
I am still waiting and listening for instructions from God about work. I can't help but think that the answer was not just to stay where I am at and that's that. I think there is more. I'm not saying that he doesn't want me to stay where I am at. I just think that he is using us as part of a bigger picture. I think that there are pieces to this puzzle that have yet to be placed to achieve a master piece. Are there going to bumps and bruises along the way? I suspect so. Whenever you are dealing with people that don't have the same values and beliefs, there is always the chance that things aren't going to be handled in a Christian way. Too bad for us! :) But God will persevere! I just cant wait to see what happens. Either way...it will be for God's greatest good. I just pray that God will place a stronghold around us and protect us from too many insults and injuries.
I worked with a great patient today. She really made me chuckle! There are some amazing, beautiful people in this world! she really got me tickled when she hopped up and down, trying desperately to work a pair of boa constrictor pantyhose up!! She is a lady in her late 60's with a heavy Spanish accent, going on and on about how awful pantyhose really are ! PRICELESS! What a great woman!
I am still looking forward to 5PM on Friday...hopefully I will be able to enjoy some great patients tomorrow that make me smile. Otherwise Ill have to think of my little lady and her panty hose hop! Is there any wonder really that the work PANTy has the word PANT in it...they sure make you pant like a dog when you are trying to get them on!

No comments: