Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Day 2009

It't hard to believe that Christmas is here...and almost outta here!!! It's been a fine holiday season. And I say season only for the purposes of mentioning that it lasts more than an EVE and a day! Back around Thanksgiving, we got our Christmas lights out on the house. I added a lighted star to my display this year and set out some lighted gifts. I like it. It's festive and but not over stated. What is it about some lights on a string that makes us feel so cozy and conjures up old memories of childhood?
As for Christmas gifting, I had all of my shopping completed by Christmas Eve. Really I had about 98% of my shopping done by then. Christmas Eve, we had a very enjoyable dinner with our friends Sherry, Chris and Lyle. Lyle, being 2 years old found the dinner to be boring but Lyndi's Thomas the Train figures to be the bees knees!!! I actually got to bust out and use my Christmas china and a fancy red table cloth (that I picked up at Dollar General for a mere $4.50!!!). I thought dinner was delicious...even if I did make it myself...well mostly anyway...I did pick up a couple of rotisserie chickens from the grocery store to help save on time!
This morning, the girls opened their gifts from Santa and checked out their stockings. My parents came over in time to have breakfast with us and to finish opening presents.
After lunch, I went by an old friend's house to see him and his parents. It was so surreal hanging out with them. I have known them since I was about 14 years old. Being 36 now, I probably wasn't hugely far off from how old they were when I met them! I brought Lila with me. I'm sure it was kind of funny for them to see a mini me as a child and me as an adult. It was weird for me...even if they didnt think twice about it!
Tonight we went to my parent's house and had dinner. My brother and his family were there. It was a great dinner and great company. I'm sorry to say that it had been a year since I had seen them last. I miss my brother and his family. I really wish that my girls had a closer relationship with their cousins. My brother lives near Warner Robins, GA. Its a pretty good trek to get there.
Although I had hoped that we would make it through the rest of this year without any more deaths of friends or family members, we found out today that Pete's Uncle Bill's wife, Julie, passed yesterday from breast cancer. She was Bill's second wife. His first wife passed several years ago, before I joined the Golden family. Julie was a very fine woman. I feel for Bill. I pray for him to be comforted at this time. What a tough thing to have to go through.
Tomorrow, will be Christmas celebration #3. This one will be at Pete's folks house. It's always a good time! We eat well...get to spend time with his sister and her family...and get to be with Pete's parents. It will really be a good time and I look forward to it!
I sure hope that all my friends and loved ones have had a nice Christmas. I am so greatful for our good Lord and his love for us. He has blessed us so much. He continually looks after us and guides us.
Good night all. My love to you and yours.

No comments: