Thursday, February 4, 2010

Tragedy

I feel as though I have been able to recovery emotionally from the tragedy that I witnessed a couple of days ago......
As I was on Oglethorpe Ave, waiting at the light to turn left onto Hawthorne, I saw a gentleman attempting to maneuver his bicycle across the traffic laden road in the gas stations parking lot. This poor soul was finally able to semi-pedal and semi-push his bike across the street. This task was not made easy because he carried in his arms a brown paper bag. Thinking that Bell's grocery is just down the street, I thought...This poor fellow could really mess himself up and drop his sack of groceries! WHEN SUDDENLY....As he began trying to mount his metal steed and maintain control of his handle bars with one hand and hold the grocery sack in the other....the handle bars went left and the sack pitched to the right and fell in S-L-O-WWWWWWW motion to the ground. The contents of that bag began to foam and spew all over the ground!!!!!!!!!!! The golden rich barley concoction WASTED on the parking lot!!!!!!
Because I am pretty talented in the art of reading lips....I observed this gentleman fling his arms up to the Heavens and exclaim "OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SUGAR SMACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  He then began pumping his arms up and down and stamping his feet in disgust.
While observing all of this, I was talking to my friend India on the phone. I told her of the events that I had observed. She explained that that gentleman was probably having to ride that bike in the first place because of his inablity to maintain the contents of his brown bag! She is so wise!
Poor fella! I know on game days when we used to make people pour out the contents of their little brown bags...they nearly wept and wanted to exclaim "AWWWWWWWWWWW SUGAR SMACKS!!!!" I know that's what they really wanted to say!!!

No comments: