Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Natures Godly Beauty

Sheets of pollen fell all over the land today and blanketed it like snow...... As I was driving up hwy 29 to go visit the folks at Reddy Care, I passed through such a heavy fall of pollen that I had to hit the air re-circulate button just to keep the yellow green bits from flowing into my car.
So I mentioned that I had to go see the Reddy Care folks. I wish I could say that I was making a marketing visit. Alas, I was not. I have been having chest pains almost daily the last couple of weeks. Last night I had the mother of all chest pains. At the doctors office, I met a really nice Nurse Practioner named Sharon. Turns out that she and my friend Ali know eachother. Small world really. But back to me...
So I had the standard EKG to rule out heart attack. Although it felt like an MI, I was pretty sure it was not one. My thoughts were that I was more than likely having a bad case of reflux. Sharon shared the same thought. She said that she thought I might have some diverticulum brewing in my stomach. I told her that my grandmother (mom's mom) had that problem too. She informed me that it was passed down through women most often. Thanks Granny. Let's just add that to the list of aliments that I already suffer from. I'm already looking forward to hypertension, high cholesterol, hypothyroidism and a general case of being looney. Why can't I have the good genes like: pefect vision, rock hard abs, genius IQ, the opposite of the noassatall gene or generalized happiness. *sigh*  Oh and perfect, cavity free, no cracks, teeth. Oh and I'm beginning to lose my hearing. Have I mentioned that my birthday is on Monday? I realize that turning 37 is just one more step down hill in to the land of FALLING APART. Yippee!
So as not to sound like I am a miserable old crab, I have to share something that I think is just absolutely amazing. A nonbeliever who is also a botanist, might say,"Aww that's just a coincidence." I will remain in my own little God loving land and say that I think its a really amazing blessing.....
I have a flower bed full of Irises, Lilies, Cannas and Hostas. Of all of the plants that I have in my flower bed and of all the Lilies that I grow, the only ones that came out this past weekend (Easter in case you didnt know) were the WHITE Lilies. They are very beautiful and pure. After those bloom, perhaps the lavendar and yellows will burst forth. But for now, the pure white flowers are showing out in all of their Easter glory!

No comments: