Friday, December 5, 2008

Its Friday

This week sped by.......
I can hardly believe it! I am a week older! Man! Time flies!! It's hard for me to wrap my brain around turning 36 in April! I guess I'm like many people, I didn't appreciate my 20's like I should have. They slipped away much more quickly than I would have preferred. I was noticing in the mirror today that I have 3 facial lines on each side of my mouth....no doubt these rascals have become ingrained like wood due to smiling and grimacing. I would like to think that they were due to the more pleasant expression and not the more negative one. I have to admit that grimacing could come about for a number of reasons as of late: the wretched stomach viruses 1&2 that I had to endure in the last month, having laryngitis, having heart ablation (all within the last month), hearing that a couple of people I know lost their jobs in the last couple of weeks, having to listen to Lyndi's wretched screaming and whining over and over and over and over again, worrying about that one stinking hair on my jaw that doesn't seem to want to DIE!!!!, money and just the usual day to day "stuff"! However...
On the other hand, I KNOW I have been able to use those smile muscles a lot in this past month!! I found out that my friend Shannon is pregnant!! I am so happy and thankful that I have a really good job that I love! Sherrie and I spend endless amounts of time laughing about nothing in particular! I get to meet some really nice people on a daily basis at work! I got to eat Thanksgiving dinner despite having just had stomach virus #2!! I love my families (my own and Pete's). I love to hear stories about people giving to those in need, life's little miracles and stories of the GOOD that people actually do!!
If someone is reading this and is over the age of 40, I'm sure you could be saying,"suck it up whiney 35 year old and put your big girl panties on!" Life goes by very quickly for everyone! I just wish that I could remember more than what I do out of each day! I wish that I could store all of those little tee hee moments and awww moments that make life so enjoyable. Unfortunately, the early warning signs of dementia come out making it hard for me to remember this morning, let alone what I had for dinner tonight!
Ok, Ill quit whining! I did have a really good day today. I sure am glad that its the weekend again! This weekend I hope to get our tree up and lights up on the house. A friend of mine told me about a family tradition of hers: while putting up the Christmas tree, play the favorite Christmas tunes, drink lots of hot chocolate and everyone helps with the tree! I like the sound of that! Keeping Lyndi and Jack the cat from pulling the tree apart (and down) will be a huge trick! But maybe we can make it special for everyone!
Lots of love and WARM thoughts to you!

No comments: