Saturday, December 27, 2008

Guilty Pleasures

I guess it was back about a month ago....I feel really kind of guilty about all of this.....And to think that Pete introduced us.
It was just when it started to get cold around here. I remember it distinctly. And the thing is that it wasn't an instant liking where its sort of a love at first sight. But as the days have gone by, I have grown such a fondness that I don't know that there is going to be a nice, happy break...
Even today as my family was preoccupied, I was called into my bedroom. My seducer beckoned me to the bedroom. I thought, no, I can not go....What about my family? What about Pete?
I couldnt resist. I fought the temptation....I couldn't hold off any longer.
I climbed into bed, feeling the warmth surround me. I felt so content. A deep, warm happiness that I can imagine that small babies feel when wrapped up in their mothers arms. But this was more a of guilty pleasure. I rested my head on the pillow and closed my eyes. What security I felt. I haven't felt this good in a while. My seducer hummed a little and I felt the warmth increase ever so slightly. What was life like before? I couldn't remember.
All I know is that many nights before I came to know my seducer, there had been some cold lonely nights. Now I felt such closeness and warmth that I know it will be so hard to give this up come Spring when my seducer must go........
For now, I will lie in my bed. I will snuggle up and feel a coziness that I have never known. And really, Pete will have to accept some of the blame for this affair. He is the one that introduced us. He is the one that could not provide me with what I needed. He is the one....
No more plain ole, semi fuzzy cotton blankets for me. No, I will never know them again. Only my electric blanket will do. I've had enough of the cold lonely nights. I've had enough of Pete's cold feeting bumping me in the middle of the night. So I have until the nights get warm again. I have until a layer of sweat covers me because I like to keep the blanket setting on about 5. So maybe that means I have until....ummm mid January when it warms up to 75 during the day! But it will be Pete that has to intervene and take it away. For now, my seducer calls me back to bed....a mid afternon nap...the warm, coziness that babies enjoy while swaddled in their downy blankets. Heaven.....

No comments: