Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Count Your Blessings Day

Im back with round two of a horribly nasty stomach virus (I assume thats what it is and not actually possession by an alien or the devil himself!). I began feeling kind of dizzy on Monday and nauseated during a procedure. That never happens. Then Tuesday at lunch time, after having felt run down all morning, I began feeling SICK! Then vomiting started. Then the diarrhea. I had the most horrible pain that felt as though it was jabbing "STOMACH VIRUS WUZ HERE!!" signs all the way down through my GI tract. I had to leave work early. I know they must think that I am the most broken down, sickly person they have ever met! So far Ive had a kidney stone, cardiac issues that led to ablation, a stomach virus (#1) and now stomach virus deux! Hmm oh and there was a migraine mixed in there at some point as well!
Today was a much better day! I made it back to work. Had a very quick morning seeing patients. Lila spent the morning with me since she didnt have school. She was so good! I still felt kind of ill and sore from the previous days activities. I had the Zofran grogginess. We did go over to my mom's shop and eat Thankgiving lunch with her. The squash casserole and the smoked turkey that my parents made...to die for!! And it was the first real food I had had in a while!
Once I got home, I went to bed, slept for 2 hours. When I awoke, I began having the worst case of "heart burn" ever. I took Maalox. 4 Gaviscon. Zantac 150. Maalox. And then I realized that the attack that I was probably having may not have been heart burn so much as esophageal spasms related to the acid burn I suffered from vomiting up my gizzard yesterday. So I took a Lortab 5/325. I NEVER, EVER take that. I want you to know that I was in SEVERE PAIN! If it hadnt been in my sternum and radiating up my throat...I would have rushed to the hospital for complications related to my heart or a heart attack. After about 30 minutes, the Lortab helped.
So I got to snuggle up on the couch with my two beautiful girls and watch Enchanted (again..I like it!). I love my girls. Lyndi is a mean little cuss that is hard headed! Her new thing to say is "in a minute!" Wonder where she learned that Daddy? Anyway, it was so nice getting to spend time with them. I thought about what things will be like in a few years. I really feel so blessed with those two. Now, they really make me want to pull my hair out sometimes. But I love them so much! Its all those precious little moments that seem to take the sting out of all the more aggravating times. And when I say my children are aggravating, I mean it! They are two of the most strong willed, independent children I have ever seen in my life! I really think that if they put their minds to something in life...they will be able to do it! Both of them so SO SO SMART! And they both have common sense! What a huge blessing! Dont get me wrong, they still spill things and knock things over! Lyndi colors all over herself and tortures the cats. But I KNOW I have been blessed. They make me laugh. They make me feel very loved...especially Lila. She is a sweet heart. She has always taken the time to show me how much she loves me.
And so then I sat up and my chest began to make me want to shriek with pain! Thus, Lortab #2. *sigh* Tomorrow is Thanksgiving day. I love Thanksgiving! And tomorrow my mom and dad are going down to Granny's house in Riddleville. Thats Pete's grandmother that is 94 years old! She has been saying since she was 50 years old that THIS might be her last Thanksgiving, Christmas.....you get the idea. But we dont take chances. It could be..she is 94. But we all say that she will probably outlive all of us! But Betty, Pete's mom will be cooking. She is an awesome cook! It will be nice I think. I just pray that Im over this ICK that I have been dealing with this week!
Enough whining about my gut....Today when I was leaving work, Sherrie hugged me bye. She is traveling to Louisana tonight. Or is it Mississippi...either way..its a long drive! She is going to see her dad and uncle. She wished me a happy thanksgiving. I hated to hug her because I would surely hate it if she got this ick from me! But....she is such a dear friend...I just love her! She took her chances!
Im grateful for all of my dear friends and family! I am truly a blessed person! And just know, this isnt just the Lortab talking either! :) I have great neighbors. I go to a great church. I have a great job! I have a wonderful, loving family (although a little nutty!). I have a great family of in laws...it just doesnt get better than that! Thank you God for all of your blessings! And please Lord, be with us as we travel tomorrow and this weekend. And please, please, please let me be able to eat and enjoy Thanksgiving dinner! AMEN!

No comments: