Sunday, November 2, 2008

HOLY CROUP!!

So Ill share with you how my little Lyndi is doing the same way Lila shared with our neighbor India.....
My mom took Lyndi to the doctor just now. So India asks, " Lila why would your mom have to take Lyndi to the doctor today? (since its Sunday)" Lila replies,"Because Lyndi cant breathe." So after India had heart failure thinking that Lyndi had stopped breathing.....She gave me a call as I arrived at the Urgent care place in town. I had to explain that I thought that Lyndi had croup and she was having difficulty breathing. NO she hadnt STOPPED breathing!! She did sound like she was trying to suck air through a straw. And yes it did have me concerned.
So the good doctor took her in and checked all of her upper orifices out...no infections present. Yep she did have an inspiratory wheeze and her left lung sounded wheezy. An xray of her chest showed that she DID NOT have any signs of pneumonia. Thank you God! So the doctor confirmed that she did indeed have croup. Lyndi got a shot of steroids to her thigh and was sent home with an oral steroid and 4 stickers (the nurse felt awful guilty for sticking her!!!). Lyndi was sooooo good though. Bless her heart...she wasnt breathing well at all but she put up with the poking and probing. She even threw up the oral steroid they tried to give her in the office.
Lyndi was bouncing off the walls when I got her home. She sang and played. She drew on her magnadoodle board for nearly and hour. She harassed the cat and Lila for a while. It only took 3 tries to get her to bed. Other than that I say she seems a bit better. Tomorrow I pray that she keeps getting better. Today was scary. She just awoke from her nap this afternoon with a horrible wheeze and really shallow/rapid respirations. Im so glad that I am a nurse. Im glad that I know the sounds and symptoms. Im glad I have a breathing machine here and knew to put her in a steamy shower. Dont be fooled though....I was still nervous about her condition....NOT NEARLY SO NERVOUS AS POOR INDIA WHO THOUGHT SHE HAD QUIT BREATHING!
Despite all of the excitement, today was a good day. We went to church this morning. Pete and I had to keep the the 2-3 year olds in the nursery. It went surprisingly well. No one got hurt or cried on our watch! And I didn't leave feeling like I needed to take a couple of Valium and a shot of alcohol. Not that I use either...but I could start if I needed to!
Let me give you a quick run down of this month of November....
My sister in laws birthday is tomorrow I think...its the 3rd or 4th....Ill try to call if I can remember!
LET US NOT FORGET TO VOTE ON THE 4th! EVERY VOTE MATTERS!!!
The 8th is my stepson's birthday. He will be 20...where does time go??
The 14th Ill be having a cardiac ablation for the SVT that has been plaguing me.
Then we have Thanksgiving...which we will spend at Pete's 94 year old grandmothers house. Because as we all know, "This could be the last Thanksgiving for her...." Pete tells me that she has been saying this since she was 50. Now this year really could be the last.....but then again she may really outlive everyone...we will see. Either way....Turkey day will be at her house in the country...which I really love anyway!
Then I guess it will be time to put up the Christmas tree! That should be a blast this year considering that Lyndi is 2 and will want to pull all of the ornaments off (just like last year). ...And Jack the new kitten will probably want to practice his climbing skills. Or maybe he will be a cord chewer and short out the tree....lets hope not!
Please say a little prayer for Lyndi and her health. And please try to pray for me when I have my ablation on the 14th. I think all will go well. Im looking for a cure for this SVT. Please just pray for the doctors and my well being.

No comments: