Monday, February 16, 2009

100~!!!!!

Evidently this is my 100th post...I cant believe that I had 100 things to ramble about...anyone still out there reading? I bet a lost a few along the way...that's ok though...That just means that I can be much more descriptive and talk more about disgusting nursey things! WOOHOOO
So we got a new doggie named Iris. I found her on Craigslist. She is a terrier mix. The title of her add said something like "Sweet girl looking for a forever home". So I wrote to the owner. Evidently the owner had been fostering her for about a year and a half. She found Iris, her mother and some siblings in the middle of the road...about to get squished. So she took them in, nurtured them and found homes for all of them...except Iris.
When I emailed the foster mom and talked to her on the phone, I had lots of questions. I needed to find a dog that was calm, good with kids, non destructive, fixed and generally well behaved. And she said that Iris was all of these things. Sure sure....Well we met Iris on Saturday afternoon. She is a white, fuzzy terrier mix with no undercoat (which means she can get cold easily) and a tuft of hair that hangs in her eyes. She is a shy girl too. She literally tried to hide behind her foster mom's legs. It was like meeting a 1 year old child..just in puppy form.
After a bit of an adventure when Iris escaped out of our fenced back yard and we had to hunt her down for 2 hours.....
We got her back in the house. We soon found out that Iris is well behaved. She is so well behaved that she acts like she is on a constant run of Xanax. She doesn't bark. She doesn't growl. She doesn't wag her tail much. She doesn't eat much. She doesn't really do much at all. Evidently, last year the foster mom tried to adopt her out but Iris got returned after a couple of days because she was "too calm". I think I can agree with that statement. I joked with the owner that it seemed like she had drugged Iris with Benedryl...when it wore off was she going to go nuts?? Nope!
Don't get me wrong, I really like the dog. I didn't really much care for having to walk her tonight for about 30 minutes only to have her pee and not poo. I guess Ill have to do another marathon walk before I got to bed. I did see two shooting stars tonight in our crystal clear Madison County sky. It was so pretty out. After a while of star gazing, standing in the cold night air with wet hair (after my bath), I was really over the whole appreciating the wild thing. I went stomping back in the house with my lower lip poked out! Iris instantly went and sat next to Pete on the couch.
Iris is about as sweet as an animal can be. She definitely would win any contest PAWS DOWN for the least active pup around! I'm thinking of giving her coffee just to get her just a little excited. I know that Pete doesn't believe me, but after everyone else was in bed last night, Iris began playing tug o war with me and her stuffed dog. She even chased after the thing as I threw it across our hard wood floored living room! She scooped that dog up and slide about 3 feet each time! It was great fun! But once that game was over....back to Benedryl doggie. Its really quite strange.
Anyway, all is well in the hood. My neighbor Kitty is now moved to a nice rental house. Her house has a for sale sign in the front but we don't know how much they are asking. I am praying that we get nice neighbors that love children! Hopefully we wont get any pedophiles that REALLY love children. How awful that we have to think about such things. But we do...and we do...and we will! Kitty was such a good neighbor for the girls. They LOVED her and she LOVED them. They miss her already! Fortunately for us, we get to see her at church and around town. Its not like Comer is a huge metropolis that you might not ever run into anyone...just visit the Dollar General....that's like the Great Mall of Comer! No doubt that any time you visit that store, you are bound to run into someone you know!
I think its about time to start planning a good vacation for the year! I'm so ready! I want to get away for a few days....without children...I know...BAD MAMA!! But a few days to just not fuss or muss or deal with whining children that are constantly begging for food and drinks..and worrying me about the other one touching them and screaming in the back seat of the car......
YEA, I'M READY FOR A BREAK!!!

No comments: