Thursday, February 19, 2009

Almost Friday

Well, its almost Friday again. I can't imagine where THIS week has gone! I think that hump day turned out to be such a crazy fiasco that it caused the week to fast forward into Friday!
When I got home tonight, Pete was walking Iris in the yard. Do you think she wanted to potty....nahhhh but she was scoping out the wild kitty trails around our house. And since we have about 8 more wild kitties left, there are still plenty o'trails. Again, I am not the least bit concerned if famine strikes our neighborhood...there are plenty of cats to live off for at least a year! ALF would be so set! And if you dont know who ALF is.....*tisk tisk*
Today marks 6 months that I have been with VI. It seems like it has been so much longer. But my PTO kicked in today. My mind goes wild imagining all the exotic locals that I can now visit! I think of the relaxing moments next to the pool and trails around lakes.....
Then I remember that I am a parent of two girls that will likely be sick 2 out of the 3 weeks that I have off....the rest of the time, I'll probably be sick with whatever the latest ick and ill there is being passed around the day care or at school! Ahhhh but wouldnt it be nice to be able to go to some fancy place and partake of the spa??? *Dont wake me just yet please....its been a while since I had a fantasy this good! :)
The housing market has got me all in a tizzy! On the main road of our neighborhood, I think there are 4-5 houses for sale. Some are for sale because the owners just want to sell. One house has never even been occupied for 2 years since its been built. One house is a foreclosure. I would love to find a house with more space than ours that the owner would want to trade for our house. Why is it when you buy a house that it gets filled with STUFF in no time...then you wish you had a bigger house? Life happens I guess. Im not one of those people that collects STUFF! Im always going through drawers and closets trying to find things to get rid of!! There is ALWAYS STUFF to get rid of!! If I had the patience for a yard sale, I might be able to afford and upgrade to another house!
Speaking of housing, I really dont understand this plan that Obama has to help out folks that are facing foreclosure. Truly, I have a hard time accepting that some people really over bought or got bad loans (variable rates and such) and now they are going to get a bail out. What about us ever faithful folks that pay our mortgages? And what about us that have been diligent and our houses are worth less than what we paid for them???? *sigh* Don't get me wrong, I dont like to see so many folks losing their homes......BUT
With time flying by so quickly, April will be here before I know it...that means that 36 will be here before I know it! When did that happen anyway? When I dream at night, I still dream that I am a teenager or a 20-something. When Im 50 will I dream Im a 30-something? What about when Im 80? Speaking of dreams, I dream in color. I don't know that everyone does. I have heard that some people dont. I dream in color and there are also vivid smells. Dreams are amazing! I guess before I know it, Ill be 40 and dreaming that Im in my early 30's....

No comments: