Friday, October 10, 2008

As I said....

As Ive said before in the past....kids are really something. Im sure everyone remembers the show Bill Cosby used to do "Kids say the darndest things." Well Im here to confirm and verify and give an example of this well known fact!
Today was a no school day for Lila and her fellow school mates. Lila, having no where to go, she had to go to work with me. The morning was a busy time for us. Lila did great. She stayed out of the way..she did aggravate our office assistant some (she called Lila hyper....uhhh yea....). She has a 7 year old by the way....girl too! Anyway, this afternoon, our doctor had to go assist on a REAL surgery at the hospital . As he was getting ready to walk out the door, Sherrie and I were sayng our goodbyes to him and double checking next weeks schedule. Lila suddenly piped up and said: "MY MOMMY HAS A NEW BOOB JOB!!!"
I know my eyes got as big as saucers (to match our doctor's!!!)!! I whipped around and said, "LILA, WHAT DID YOU SAY???" So she said it again....SAME THING.....Dr Malone said something like "WELL!!" I was in a stuttering "Uhhhh...uhhh...uh" mode! I put my hand on each one of Lila's shoulders and got down to her level and said, "Lila, say that one more time?!" She said," MY MAMA HAS A NEW BOO JOB!!!" She laughed! She was like, "BOO JOB!! LIKE A GHOST MAMA!!! BOO!!!" I looked at Dr. Malone and tried to rescue myself. Im sure that when he said it he probably looked down and thought...YEA RIGHT!!! SHE GOT ROBBED!
OH MY GOODNESS!!!! Sherrie just laughed her head off. Dr Malone went out a little red in the face and laughing. Great.........
Now Im not a shy person. I can talk bodily functions and anatomy all day long with folks....HOWEVER....I dont really want my 6 year old talking about BOOBS or talking about MY BOOBS with anyone!!!! Its bad enough that Lyndi has found a new fascination in my "boobs." She keeps poking me in them trying to figure out what they are. They must be awful funny because she giggles when she pushes on one. I clearly remember Lila going through this phase! She groped my mom one time. She is much larger chested than me. Needless to say, I wasnt crazy about my daugther having a boob fetish! Thankfully she did grow out of it....now its Lyndi's turn. GREAT!!! Of course it could be worse couldnt it?!!! Am I the only one with girls like this??? Why cant my friend Nancy thats a mammographer have a kid that likes boobies....well besides her son! Nancy has to deal with them all day long. Boobies are her lively hood!! Me.....its all legs, all the time!! Veiney legs at that!!!
Oh well...such is life huh? So if you have about 5k just laying around, Id like to go get that new BOOB JOB Lila is accusing me of having!!!! Thanks pal!

No comments: