Thursday, October 30, 2008

Easing into the weekend

Tomorrow is actually Halloween!! That also means that it is the last day of the month of October. I can not begin to think where this month has run off to! It seems like we shouldnt have been able to celebrate Lyndi's birthday yet!! But Thanksgiving will be here before we know it!
Today I went back to do a little marketing at a Health Fair being held at the hospital I used to work at. One of the ladies from the Atlanta office went with me. She told me that after meeting the people that worked at the hospital that she could imagine that it was hard for me to leave. And it was. I loved the people I used to work with. It was really like working with family. It was nice to see many of my former coworkers and the Doctors Poon (father and son). I got to see Kellie the Chief Nursing Officer of the hospital. She is a beautiful person that is just a wonderful supervisor and person. She has the prettiest flaming red hair! I was glad to get to chat with her for a little bit today.
One of the Pharmacy Techs at the hospital named Mona has breast cancer. Her cancer has spread to the bone (particularly the collar bone). Mona is 35 years old and has 2 children. As you can imagine with her being a tech, she probably doesnt make a fortune there. But all of the personnel at the hosptial have been helping to provide some financial support for Mona. Someone came up with the idea to sell t-shirts in Mona's honor. They are brown with pink boxing gloves on the left chest. On the back the t-shirt reads "Fight Like a Girl!" I love them. But the really great thing is that approximately $6 goes to Mona PER SHIRT! So far approximately 1100 shirts have been purchased!! Like I said, they are so cute! And they are for an excellent cause! I know that Mona is hugely appreciative for all of the support. She is a precious soul too, so is her mom Eileen that works at EMH too!
This week has been so blessed with GREAT news! I found out that Sherrie's tests came back clear. No brain mets or lung cancer. When she told me, I squeezed her tight! I could help but cry tears of JOY! If you prayed for her as I asked, THANK YOU! And THANK GOD for the huge blessings!
Another friend, Cindy, from EMH has informed me that her pregnancy (that has been somewhat high risk) is progressing nicely. She told me that she is at 30 weeks now. She also now has a little water melon sticking out in front! Praise God for getting fat huh?! Less than 2 more months to go! Please pray for her and her baby girl. This is her second child.
On a negative note, I found out that my cholesterol is quite elevated. Nevermind that I have been eating out a lot lately. And a quick burger and fries from McDonalds is not a good idea...no matter what! And no...I wont be sueing them...although I could use a little extra dinero....just kidding! But I have to swear that place off for good! ICK....maybe Im doomed to rabbit food. :(
I hope everyone has a safe day tomorrow!

No comments: