Monday, October 6, 2008

Monday

This is a very important month for me! Some really exciting things happen. Ill give you the run down of the list.
First, we had our Homecoming at the Church this past Sunday.
Next, Oct 18 is Shannon's birthday
Oct 21 is my weddng anniversary!
Oct 29 is Lyndi's second birthday!
As far as our wedding anniversary goes, this will be number 8! I was talking to my mom about it today. She said that she just could not believe that it had been that long since we got married. I dont know where time went either! Its like one day we have been married for 2 years, then 5 years and now 8. I guess the next 5 or so years will fly by too. Its strange.
If you know me well enough, you know that I never dated anyone over about 2 years or so. I found that I actually spent more time trying to figure out how to get out of the relationship or trying to decide who I would like next than I spent being happy in that relationship. When I met Pete, things were so different. The first few years had come and gone before I knew it. I thought from the beginning that he was "perfect for me." He seemed to know me better than anyone.
Its really kind of scary how well Pete does know me. Ive did something kooky recently and I didnt even have to tell Pete what I had done. He KNEW....because he KNOWS me and how I AM! I was pretty impressed. I hadnt told anyone what I had done. He just shook his head. Its kind of like someone knowing exactly how you sleep at night. Not everyone will know that. Pete thinks that I am predictable.
Oh the last 8 years.....I would LOVE to have one of those big ole pink gummy erasers and be able to selectively erase out certain parts of our lives. Some of those years took so much more work than others. Some days I wondered if I would make it to the next day with Pete. But here we are! I love him more than anyone on this Earth! He has the ability to make my entire day better with just a simple hug or "I love you!" Of course, he can crush my whole day by snapping or fussing at me. But I truly can not imagine life without him. He is my best friend. That friend that you share everything...even life's most ugly moments with! Im greatful for him!
And little Lyndi....almost 2 years old! I am so thankful for her! She is already trying us and flexing her independence muscle! She could win a prize for best screamer and spitter (when she is mad). Oh that girl! A good hug, with a pat on the back and a sloppy wet smooch....it doesnt get better than that! And the best part, "I wuv you!"
So 8 years, two pretty little girls, a nice house, good jobs and a great church later....here we are!

No comments: