Thursday, October 16, 2008

Please God...

Dear God,
I am writing to you tonight to ask you to please be with me. I am praying for protection of my very last nerve. All of my other nerves are long since gone. They snapped a very long time ago. Im not even sure which bout of chaos made them snap, but it happened. I think thats about the time my first gray hairs began too.
Dear Lord, I found a cute little kitten today. He is a pretty orange tabby. He is very sweet. He just literally climbed into the car. Thank you for sending me something cute and cuddely to help bring cheer to my days. But Lord, tonight when I brought him home, Lyndi tried to pick him up by the neck. She thought that kittens evidently liked being carried like this. And Lord, she grabbed him by one of his hind legs and tried to drag him across the house.
Lord, and once Lila discovered this kitten's adorable, playful personality, she screamed at Lyndi to give her the cat's toys. She also grabbed the kitten and tried to hold him at her side while pushing Lyndi away. Lyndi screamed "GA GA!!! (which is Lila in Lyndi speak)"
So Lord, I took this cute little kitten that I have named Jack (on the advise of my coworker who thought since he was orange and its October and Jack O lanterns are popular right now) and set up a litter pan and food in my bathroom for now...then I thought I would soak in a hot tub bath for a little while to help calm my poor last quivering nerve....
Then Lila and Lyndi discovered my serene environment. Lyndi began whipping a cat toy wildly at the kitten. The kitten, though somewhat amused and confused, tried to play with that wild, out of control toy....And Lila began to holler,"LYNDI GIVE ME THE CAT TOY!!!" over and over and over because she wanted that one particular toy. All the other toys were not worthy of Lila's attention. So I begged Pete to take the girls out of the bathroom, PLEASE!!!
And Lord, at some point tonight, I think it was before I got in the tub, Lyndi decided that pouring the ENTIRE contents of the Kitten Chow on the floor and covering it with a dish towel would be fun. She was pretending to tuck the food in nite nite. Yea, so I had to sweep it up. And Lila fussed at Lyndi and told her it was a bad choice. And my head popped out another gray hair.
Dear Lord, I ask that you will please be with me. I need a little extra strength and courage. Lord, I feel like sometimes that if I have to hear LYNDI!!!!! in a whining, high pitched voice or the SHRILL scream of Lyndi saying GAGA!!! I might actually lose my mind.
Please watch over my two screaming, aggravating, gray hair inducing children. I love them very much. And Lord please forgive me when I have thoughts about selling them on EBAY. Lord, thank you for blessing me with two beautiful little girls that are too smart for their own good. And thank you for sending me a little happy, cute kitten named Jack. Please just bring calm this last little nerve I have.
Amen!

No comments: