Monday, October 13, 2008

Fall into October

Sunday we went to 2 birthday parties for kids that go to our church. After having Lyndi in October, I found out that the largest number of births occurs in the month of October. Perhaps thats related to New Years or Martin Luther Kind Holiday.......ok maybe not the second holiday. Maybe its the cold weather. For us, I dont think there was a particular reason. I think Lyndi must have come about on a Monday. Nothing special going on on that day for sure. At any rate, the world must grow a little heavier after the month of October every year after all the births. The smog probably increases as well due to all the blown out birthday candles!
This cooler weather and rain that we have been having has been awesome! Im so grateful for all the Fall weather we have been experiencing. And along with the leaves that are falling....so is the price of gas! In the last few days, gas has dropped from $3.89 to $3.20's. What a tremdous drop! At the same time, the stock market has been ever falling.....but today....A MONDAY...the stock market rose exponentially!! I pray this keeps up for sure! For a Monday, today turned out to be a really good day! If we can just keep this trend going! Remember when gas rose over $2??? We threatened that we just wouldnt tolerate much more of an increase....then once it rose over $3 we were all in shock and angry.....then it rose over $4...and we all became scared to death and sickened. I pray that it goes back below $3. I promise that I wont take for granted gas under $3.....for real! Gone are the days of gas below $2....right along with the cup of coffee for $.25 or even $.50.
Some friends of mine and I were talking about mega pixels. A few years ago, I had no thought or concern about a mega pixel. But if a person was in the market for a digital camera, 1-2 mega pixels was really doing something.....NOW my friend has just gotten a 12 mega pixel camera....Thats just unbelievable. Pretty soon, we will have photographs that talk and have motion on a card...streaming video on card stock. I know we have talking picture frames and ones that flash digital pictures. But I think that our imaginations will be the limit on technology.
Anyway I hope that everyone has a joy filled week. Take time to enjoy the small things like the cool breezes and lack of humidity!! NICEEEE!!!

No comments: