Thursday, October 23, 2008

Mr Mole

I think Ive mentioned my slightly OCD personality.....
Well, in my previous post about Sherrie, I mentioned something about my bosses' mole. Don't get me wrong. Its not like the woman's mole out of "So I married and Ax Murderer". It doesn't grow out long, gangly hairs and its not hard and crusty looking. Its just a mole.....that's located on the back of his ear.
Now, if this is weird...just call me on it ok...ok so don't bother...
I think had been working at VI probably a day or two when I first noticed this mole. Its located on the BACK of my bosses' left ear. Its maybe about the size of a pencil eraser and kind of flat. Its perfectly symmetrical and it is evenly colored. But I asked him..."Do you know you have a mole on the back of your ear?" I figured that there WAS A CHANCE that in his 52 years of life, he could have missed seeing the thing!
He turned to me and said something like,"Marci, you are missing one of those little filter things that most people have in their brain that tell them what they should and shouldn't say..." I think that David learned very quickly what I was all about! I told him that I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't examine that mole and let him die from skin cancer! I COULD HAVE SAVED HIS LIFE!!!!
Now I do realize that tucking in our surgeon's tag on his shirt and picking lint (and stray hairs) off of Sherrie's shirt probably is not a life saving measure! HOWEVER.....appearances are EVERYTHING when you work in the beauty industry!! Could you really put your trust in a man that's a surgeon that can not even keep his shirt tag tucked in??? NO I didn't think so!
So after the mole incident, my boss has developed a certain comfort level with me. He likes to tell patients that I am working with them as part of a grant program funded by the Federal government for people that come from HALF WAY HOUSES! He tells them that I have been doing ok and that he thinks that once the court cases are settled on some of those cases that I have had to go to court for that things will get better for me.....or he says something about things have been ok with VI but he had heard that some of my previous employers are still trying to settle some cases......HE ISNT RIGHT!! I mean, I try to save his life and all I get in return is mockery and pain........ :)

No comments: