Saturday, January 10, 2009

Not yet

Tonight was the bestest night ever for Lila! She went with her best BOY friend Aidan to see Beverly Hills Chihuahua. Aidan is a little boy that lives on the main road in our neighborhood. He is in Lila's class. He is a very intense little fellow. He is very smart, just like Lila. He is the top reader in the class with Lila right behind him. He is a cute boy, with a brown spiky mohawk . Lila likes cute boys, but they are usually the most rambunctious boys in her class. Her first boy friend was named Kale at daycare. He was truly an adorable little boy! He had brown hair and bright blue eyes. CUTE CUTE! One day, he would really cause some girls some trouble! But he lived in another county so Lila never got to see him again after the daycare days. That's probably a good thing because that boy was TROUBLE according to their teacher......great....
So Aidan, he loves him some Lila. His mom says that he talks about Lila nonstop. Its the same for us, Lila talks about Aidan all the time. He called her today and asked her if she could go to the movies with him. His mom could pick her up at 4:45. They went to a movie and dinner.
When Lila got home at almost 9pm, she was full of giggles and energy. I sit here shaking my head thinking about what we have in store for us in about 10 years. Or probably sooner.
Lila is a beautiful little girl. I'm afraid for her that the boys that she is picking right now, just might be shorter than her when they get to high school. Lila is a tall, skinny girl. She has the biggest brown eyes that I have ever seen. Boys love her and she loves the boys. But don't be fooled.....she loves the boys because they like to play the cool stuff like Star Wars and Power Rangers. For her birthday day, she skipped right over the Hanna Montana cupcakes and went for the Kung Fu Panda cupcakes! She also spent some of her Christmas money on a light saber to have pretend battles with Aidan. Yea.....that's my...ummm....girl! What can I say though? I was a tomboy growing up too. I have to say that I think its better that she wants to play outside, ride her bike, dig in the dirt and have play fights in the front yard than to be holed up inside playing video games.
Plus, all the little notes and drawings she makes for Aidan, she is practicing her writing skills and using her imagination! HA!
I just hope and pray that these rowdy boys she likes now, won't turn out to be the hoodlums that she JUST LOVES in 10 years. I can hope that she likes the really smart boys with high energy that like to go cycling or hiking right?? Right??
Ohhhh....tonight was just a taste of what is to come...I know that. It really is pretty scary to me. I have already started praying for Lila and for her personal life. I pray that she makes good choices. Ive also prayed that no one will ever hurt Lila. I don't know how realistic that will be. But Ill continue to pray for her. Hopefully she will make really great choices her whole life......I can hope right???

No comments: