Sunday, January 11, 2009

Today

Well, no word on when my Grandma's funeral will be. Evidently the measly little 4k that she had for insurance will not cover the cost of her burial. The funeral home wants 7k. This is for the lowest line of coffin, embalming, dressing her and fixing her hair. There will not be a service/viewing at the funeral home. There will only be a "viewing" at the church where my cousin preaches, then a trip to the cemetery for grave side service. She will be buried next to my Grandad. BUT to open the ground there next to my Granddad, that will be $700. WHAT A FREAKING RACKET! Talk about job security! Folks are going to die! And we have to use these freaking funeral homes. Its just not right. And according to my Mom, my Grandma didn't want to be cremated. That would help with cost...SOME. Oh don't get me started on these people! Insurance companies and funeral homes..........
So today Pete and I got to go to Sunday school and church. It was really refreshing to get to attend. We have been out of town so much lately due to holidays and birthdays. I really enjoyed being able to spend time with family. But now Im glad to be home and get to go to church!
I found a house that I love yesterday. Not that I need to be finding houses to love. We have a really nice house. But this house is in a little town near here. It needs a good bit of work. Its really old. The floors in the house are beautiful. The house sits on a huge lot next to a church. Its incredible. But the bad thing is that they are asking almost 300k for it. Never mind that its in a town smaller than Comer.....no traffic lights or gas stations. And it needs all of the windows replaced in it. The kitchen would have to be remodeled. The bathrooms would have to be redone. The front porch is falling in...
You may be asking yourself, why in the world is Marci in love with an old house that sounds like its falling in??? I dunno! I really do love it though. hehe I guess I love a project! With the housing market being the way it is now, I don't know that our house would sell and I don't know that we could afford the delusional price the seller is asking! I KNOW we couldn't afford that house...especially not with the renovations that it needs.
Pete and I watched M. Night Shamalyan's movie, The Happening. Don't rent this movie. It was in no way as good as The Village. Basically the whole movie is filled with people killing themselves because of some "toxin" that scientists believe is nature fighting back at us....warning us that we aren't taking good care of the Earth. So my last hour and a half was spent watching people hang themselves, jump off buildings, shoot themselves (3 in the forehead..the front....NO ONE DOES THAT!!!!), one got attacked by a lion...you see this just goes on and on! Its nuts. If you want to watch a depressing, gross movie that has to mention global warming...go right ahead. You might feel depressed enough from my blog to not want to watch that piece of......
Please be praying for our friends and family members that are unemployed these days. I thank God daily for my job. And I am truly grateful for it!!! I have a great job! But I also know that, despite health care being a normally secure job, having a varicose vein treated is not a life threatening emergency (usually) and some people might put off having treatment. The other part of that is that when people are unemployed, they don't have insurance! I spoke to a nurse that worked for a General Practitioner, she said that even their practice had slowed down. Despite this being the sickest part of the year, people just don't have money or insurance like they used to. Please pray for our communities and our nation. Our economy is really hurting right now. So many people have lost their jobs. Please, please pray for these people and our leaders!!
How about all this rain we have been having? Talk about having prayers answered. I hope that the rain has a huge effect on our water tables. I took advantage of our soggy soil today and pulled out all the weeds in my flower beds!! Sounds like something weird to be doing in January but it works! Maybe I wont have as many weeds this Spring! Maybe frost will get the rest!!
Thanks, for all the love and support offered for my family right now! I appreciate it!

No comments: