Thursday, August 14, 2008

Blessings

Monday I started my new job with VI. Can I just say that every day when I go in, I feel like I am walking into a different world? Not just because I am working in private practice, but I feel like I am walking into a twilight zone! Its SO different from being in the hospital. For one, its just the surgeon, me and our wonderful secretary. Every day I am having to try to get this surgical thing down. I am getting it. I try to remind myself that I have only been at it a few days. But I would like to have my skills down...yesterday!! On the days when the doctor is in ATL, I have been going out visiting doctor's offices, schools and any other place I can think to find people in need of varicose vein or spider vein removal.
I was talking to our secretary about this whole marketing thing. I actually got to see about 6 sets of legs today. I asked our secretary if she thought that people would be so eager to pull up their pants legs to show their road maps if it was our MALE doctor talking about the practice or our male RN (President and CEO). Our secretary said she wasnt so certain, but she added, "arent you glad we dont do boob jobs in our office!" hahaha I told her I was REALLY REALLY glad we didnt do hysterectomies in our office!!! YIKES!! I mean, I have seen plenty of human body parts but they have all been in the hospital in a relatively controlled environment...nothing spontaneous....well, usually. Most people try to keep their body parts hidden in the hospital for fear that you might want to shove some sort of torturous tube into that part!!!
There seems to be several perks to my new position. One of the coolest ones came about on Wednesday when we had a Saphenous vein closure. Normally we listen to 97.1 The River on the radio. Its "classic" rock. I like that. But I guess the doc was in a different sort of mood and chose Alicia Keys "As I Am." I really rather liked it. I really had to watch myself though! I didnt want to unconsciously bust out in song like I do at home. My family is used to my voice...my husband says I sing like Edith Bunker! Thats hot huh?!!

1 comment:

Kris said...

THOOOOOOOOSE WERE THE DAAAAAAAAYYYYYSSSS!!!! Best of luck with the new job, girl! Someday me and my spideys may come visit you...