Saturday, August 23, 2008

I wanna be like Miley

I was cruising through the You Tube videos and came across videos from Miley's "dance off" with Mandy. If you arent familiar, Miley Cyrus (Achey Breaky Hearts daughter) and her friend Mandy have videos on You Tube. Now if I understand right, Miley just turned 16 on the 21st of this month. Do I remember being 16? I wish I did. I wish I remembered a lot more of my younger years...more than just the mistakes I made. But I do remember my friends. I remember spending lots and lots of time with them!
Can you imagine being a thirty~something, hanging out with your best friends, making videos together, laughing, dancing around acting silly? Sans alcohol please......
When does it happen? When do we stop acting like silly fools, laughing and cutting up? When was our innocence lost? When do we settle into adult hood and become BORING? Now if we "cut up" we are thought of as being obnoxious or irritating.
When did we stop having sleep overs? When I was a kid/teenager, I loved to spend the night with my friends and visa versa. It was great! We would stay up and watch scary movies, talk to other friends on the phone, laugh, laugh, laugh and sleep late. And Im sure we ate a lot too!
Now it seems that if adults participate in activities like this, there is usually drugs and alcohol involved. And there seems to be a lot of activity with members of the opposite sex involved.
Now we are all married to that member of the opposite sex that we tried so hard to impress.
Is the problem just me? Have I become a huge stick in the mud? I love nothing more than to sit around with other women, laughing and joking. All in good humor. Not tearing others apart. Not bashing people not present. Just having fun! But usually those moments are blips on the radar, because most of the time I get to spend with other women is at the work place and we cant sit around goofing off the entire 12hrs!
Some day Id like to sit around with a bunch of my friends, talk, laugh, act stupid, watch movies, play games..and maybe even make a night of it! No makeup. No men. No alcohol. No kids. No drama...just fun! Now Im not saying that I can stay up all night....dont get me wrong. I am 35 now and I do need my sleep! :) Anyone interested?

No comments: