Tuesday, August 19, 2008

God works it out

Last year around November, when I was first introduced to blogging I, made the following comment:
"Im praying for my neighbor. She is needing a job and feels like she has to sell her house. Im praying for a friend at Church who feels disconnected from life right now. I am anxious to see how God works it all out. And he will! "
If I was asked to give my testimony, I would not know exactly what to concentrate on. I would wonder if I should mention all the things I have witnessed in others lives or the ways I have experienced God's hand in my life. I probably could write a book about the many small (and some large) miracles that I have been witness to. But I cant and wont do that today. But I wanted to mention how God has worked out my neighbor's need for a job that I mentioned earlier.
On one hand, a non believer could say, "where is the blessing that you are talking about? God waited until August to respond to your prayers!" But as a believer in Christ I have to say, "No it took 9 months for us to sustain our faith and fervent prayers to God, while my neighbor worked through her own personal STUFF, before God would reveal the whole unfolding blessing that was there all along!" All along the last several months, there were so many bumpy trials and tribulations thrown into my neighbor's path. She had several family members get sick, she was betrayed by someone she cared about, she found herself in a world of confusion in certain relationships and experienced health problems of her own. All the while, she prayed, we prayed, our church prayed, her family prayed, her family's church prayed.... it was unbelievable. SLOWLY but surely, God began to lift the veil. It kind of reminds me of a magician pulling a rabbit out of a hat. Before he gets to the rabbit, he may surprise us with flowers or a dove. He might pull handkerchiefs out. But by the end, he will slowly pull that rabbit out, surprising everyone, and leave the crowd amazed and clapping! Its the same way with the blessings that he had planned for my neighbor.
Health problems that her family members had been afflicted with seemed to fade or turn out to be of no great concern. Her own personal health problems completely resolved themselves (even without having to have treatments or surgery!!! Which is an extra blessing since she hasn't had insurance!). The relationship problems have been resolved and her eyes made wide open to the pitfalls of being involved with these people. And more importantly, my neighbor was able to witness how many people really care about her. Members of her parents church randomly gave large sums of money to help out. Small amounts of money trickled in just in time for this need or that one. Sure, the cable got cut off...but that was a WANT, not a NEED.
The story does not end here. My neighbor was just blessed with a job that will help her meet her needs and is in her career field!!! BUT....I am still anxious to see what God has in store for my neighbor next! What a beautiful sight!
While I was sitting in church tonight all I could think of was her. I told her a month or so ago that I just felt like God was going to handle this and something BIG was coming around the corner for her! I mentioned that in my own Myspace page. I too have been really blessed here lately. But I have felt like things were going to happen for my neighbor too. And I still believe that we are just seeing the ears of that rabbit being pulled out of that hat. Little by little its being revealed to us. Before this is over, I think we will be applauding, laughing and joyous about the outcome! It has taken several months. But SO many blessings have come. And I am proud that I have had the opportunity to be witness to it all!

No comments: