Saturday, September 13, 2008

Drunk dialing...drunk blogging?

Ok, as many of you know, I have been suffering from an acute case of the kidney stones. Not last week, but the week before I was very, very sick from a 3mm kidney stone located in my right kidney. Well, as of this past Wednesday, I have not passed this aggravating thing. So I decided today that I might take things into my own hands.
Everyone says, "drink lots of water!" I have. "Drink cranberry juice!" I have. So I thought I might try something a little harder....
So I went to visit the local Intoxicologist in downtown Danielsville. I was given a prescription for a six pack of New Castle Brown Ales. Please, understand that I do not EVER partake of alcoholic beverages. I do not even drink socially anymore. When I was in my early 20's I did drink occasionally. My experience with alcohol is very limited. I grew up around alcohol and I did not care for the experience. BUT....I decided that I was willing to try just about anything to get this stinking stone to pass. So I tried one of the bottled dark ales. Suprisingly it had a nice, light, not bitter taste to it. I liked it pretty well. So I drank my one beer. Curiously it made my bladder feel as though it was ready to purge after about 3 ounces.
I think this is where the idea that drinking beer to flush the kidneys must come in. Once you get a small amount in, a large amount wants to come out. Will this work to clear my kidney of the offending stone??? I sure hope so. But...
I cant say that Ill be drinking another one of those ales. Already I feel woozy headed. Half way through, my coordination is off. And, go figure, I had multiple thoughts of going to visit neighbors. Pete wont let me out of the house! He doesnt want the neighbors to think that I am a drunk. And strangely enough I feel the urge to tell folks that I love them........See...me and alcohol...not good! So I will sit here and blog instead.
For all of my friends that dont know.......I LOVE YOU!!!!! YOURE THE BEST!!!!!!
If you know how to get rid of a kidney stone....please let me know. Ill be having a CT scan on Tuesday to find out what to do next for this little booger. Due to my lactose intolerance I dont drink milk. I dont take calcium and I rarely drink soft drinks.
I told Pete that maybe I just need to take up a bunch of bad habits....not smoking, not eating dairy products, not drinking a lot of soft drinks, not drinking and not using drugs is killing me!!!!!

No comments: