Thursday, September 4, 2008

Random Thoughts on a Thursday

As some of you know, I have just recently started to get over a bout of the stomach yucks and a kidney stone. Now the Urologist said that a kidney stone will make people throw up from the pain... but the nausea and vomiting I had seemed independent of the back pain. And Sunday night Lyndi threw up in bed and had the screaming memee's the next day. My demise started on Monday. However, I had been having daily episodes of random nausea and rumblings in my right side. Either way, whether they were related or not, the last 3 days have been hell. Which brings me to some other thoughts.
I feel that I need to share some pet peeves of mine. If you are one of THOSE kinds of people that do any of this stuff.....STOP!!! When I was sitting in this tiny little waiting area at the Urologist's office, a man (middle aged at that!!!) sitting no more than 2 feet away from me, kept playing with the ring tones on his phone. Over and over he flipped that phone open and ran through the list of ring tones and songs.....yea......
Pet Peeve #2--- Nauseating perfume. You know that old lady smell that haunts closets and dresser drawers of the elderly? Clothes that have been sitting in drawers, with pocket books, old bibles and various shopping lists, lying there fermenting over the years? Probably some sort of sachet tossed in there to make their lingerie smell more pleasant? I think that that scent comes in a bottle and this lady was wearing it in this TINY LITTLE WAITING ROOM. Did I mention the nausea and pain that I was in? If you go to the doctors office or hospital, please don't wear perfume!!
Pet Peeve #3--- Yea, ok I was irritable that I had a stone rolling into my ureter and was having difficulty peeing like a madman with an enlarged prostate! But....this young fellow with a lisp and a thick southern accent was talking really LOUDLY about some old fellow that they must have had in common. I know every detail about this man's life now! I know what he ate for breakfast. I know that the physical therapist thought that he should be running races, but this young fella thought that was just too much to ask of this poor fellow. I know that he did walk into the kitchen to get a drink instead of getting a cold one from the little refrigerator in his room. He is just going to HAVE TO move that refrigerator some place else....blah blah blah.................If this was your family member and you recognize the story.....sorry but the fellow got on my nerves. I'm glad that the older fellow can walk now some. But everyone in the building did not have to know..............
So now Im through complaining! I am greatful to be passed the worst of this kidney stone thing...I think. I follow up in a week. I hope that when I go to the office, my three cohorts wont be there.

No comments: