Friday, September 12, 2008

Just dreaming?



Do you dream? Do you dream in color or black and white? I dream a lot. I have the craziest dreams! I think my dreams are directly related to the medication I take. As a side effect it lists VIVID DREAMS as one as the potential reactions. Why is it that when it mentions that, it does not mean that they are going to be good dreams? Psychological thrillers would probably be more accurate. But its something that I have kind of gotten used to over the years. Sometimes its hard to separate what happens in my dreams from my reality. I have to remind myself that it was just a dream.


I do dream in color. I think that is supposed to have some sort of significance. Im not sure what that is now. i know that the belief used to be that people only dream in black and white. But thats not true...for everyone. I definitely see color and very vivid colors, even before taking dream enhancing drugs (just as a note, I dont take any illegal drugs. Just prescription drugs as prescribed!).


I have seen that whenever I have something on my mind or feel overwhelmed, I am very likely to dream about tornadoes or someone chasing me. If I feel like I am being taken advantage of by someone on my life, I have horrible attack dreams. I often dream about my parents and my brother. There always seems to be some sort of conflict between me and my family member. And my mom always seems to interrupt the most "interesting" dreams ALL THE TIME! The way I see it, its time for mom to leave me alone! I am a married woman for goodness sakes, I can dream about my husband if I want to!!


I dream a lot about the house I grew up in. I used to dream about going down to the basement and about it being haunted. My room was in the basement. Now, I dream about having parties in the basement. I also dream about the basement or our house being really nice, big and really pretty elaborate...usually. Which if you pay any attention to dream interpretation, the house that we dream of is our perception of self. So if you dream of a dark, scary house, then chances are that you are feeling dark and afraid in life. And I tend to think that that is probably true. Im excited that I have been throwing a lot of parties lately in my dreams. I know that means that my perception of my inner self is starting to get really good! I dont feel so "haunted."


My favorite dreams are very spiritual dreams. I can really sing in my dreams. I have always wished that I had a nice singing voice. In my dreams, I can sing opera without missing a note! I tend to sing praise songs (most I make up) . In real life, I dont know how great they would sound, but at the time, they are amazing! And in my dreams, if someone or something is horrible and evil, I usually end up rebuking them in the name of the Lord! Its amazingly powerful! (should I admit this stuff to the world?)


I dream of flying. Usually I fly superman style, but sometimes I have to literally flap my arms. Thats more tedious. And sometimes I have a hard time getting lift. Sometimes though I am able to really soar....and Im afraid of heights so thats always interesting!


When I dream of swimming, I always like that I can breath underwater. The whole oxygen thing is never a problem. Good thing too because I dont really like water or swimming a whole lot.


Im sure that everyone has heard that if you die in your dream, you die in real life. Thats not true. I have died in several dreams. I have fallen and reached the bottom. Yep still livin! But I cant say that it is a good feelig to be dead in a dream.


Oh and how about when you are just about to go into a deep sleep and you trip in a hole in your dream!?! I always jump and wake myself!! That feeling stinks! I always end up mumbling an apology to Pete (who is usually still asleep). Night twitches and jerks are no fun. And how about raising your arm up in your sleep. I have awakened a few times doing that! I am always reaching for something or somebody. I bet that would freak Pete out if he saw that too.
Ive had some pretty strange things happen in my sleep, in dreams and in the semi-sleep phase. Most things people probably wouldnt believe me or want to believe me about my special occurrences. Pete always asks but then doesnt like to hear about it. In Milledgeville, I used to have really strange experiences. I havent had any of them here in Comer. I think our house in Milledgeville was a gate way to......something.


One last story before I go! When I lived at home with my parents in Colbert, I slept in a room at the back of the house. One night after we had just moved in to the house, I was lying in bed, probably just about to fall asleep when....


I saw a man in a flannel shirt standing at the end of my bed. He covered his mouth with his finger as if to say shhhhh! I said "What do you want?!!!" He just smiled, turned and walked out of my room. I was scared to death! I was so terrified that I jumped out of bed and ran into my dresser! Then I opened the door to my room and looked out into the hall. Nothing. No one. That was the only time that happened there at that house. Once I moved to Milledgeville, that one little episode was NOTHING compared to the events that I experienced in our little old house!!


So there you have it. More than you cared to know about my sleep habits. I probably should have a sleep study done. Its no wonder that I have to take Ambien at night. Maybe its the Ambien's fault that I have sleep problems....hmmm.

No comments: