Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Baking magic



Not that I really NEED to be baking and eating cake....


I have found the COOLEST piece of bakeware ever! Now dont get me wrong, Im not trying to sell you anything, but should you choose to follow in my cool footsteps...well then Id say that was just a normal inclination on your part! :)


Seriously, I went to this Tupperware party back in the Spring. I came across this dish that you can "bake" a cake in the microwave in only 10 minutes! Disgusting huh? I thought, yea I will try it and throw away $19.50. Well, I have used it 4 times now and I love it! Now the cake comes out in kind of a funny shape, but its still tasty and SO EASY! I also see that they have square pan, that might be better if you are wanting to bake a cake to decorate and share with others (others that might be kind of particular about shape and appearance). Now supposedly you are supposed to be able to mix the mix in the dish, I tried that and I didnt get the egg mixed in well. That caused a blob of egg to form on the outside. Not good. But I have found that if I spray the pan with Pam, mix the cake mix in a bowl and pour it in the pan, the cake comes out GREAT! Then after you get it in the pan, put it in the microwave for 10 minutes on the normal setting and WAAALLLLAAA! The cake is very moist and just great!


I think Im going to try the square pan. Who knows when you might need a dessert one evening at church and you dont have time to preheat the oven, get the pans ready, mix and bake for 30 minutes. 10 minutes and you are good! Also, with this oval pan, it makes kind of a little resevoir in the middle. I baked a chocolate cake, sliced it long ways and put chocolate pudding in the middle. Then I put cherry pie filling in the little resevoir area....DELICIOUS!

If you interested in this pan, please contact heatheraposey@yahoo.com she is the nice person that sold me mine! She is super nice! And its called the Heat and Serve 8 ¼ Cup (2 L) Oval Container.

Happy Eats! Ive got to go now and get another piece of cake! :) TOODLES

No comments: